Philipp graduated in Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Passau (Germany) in 2010. After that he started to pursue this PhD degree at the very same institution in January 2011. Currently, he works as a research assistant at the chairs of Prof. Dr. Martin Kreuzer (computeralgebra/cryptography) and Prof. Dr. Ilia Polian (computer engineering).
His current research interests include:
- Design of symmetric cryptographic algorithms
- Algebraic and differential cryptanalysis
- Side-channel attacks, with a focus on fault-based attacks
- Polynomial system solving with the help of SAT-solvers
- Applications of computational algebra in cryptology